Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday: The Pigeon or the Statue...

There have been a lot of new things happening since 2012 began. Some things are ok - not mind blowing, but hmmmm... food for thought.

Other events are downright crazy, dumb, awful, disastrous, fear-creating, annoying, and wrong.

Or with a different perspective they could very well be awesome, exciting, fly, cool, stupid and crazy (in a good way).

What I need to be aware of is how do I respond to the situation, the event, the condition, the person?

Instead of making a flippant remark or reacting, I am working on slowing down some actions and responding quicker to others. Delayed responses also create an attitude that can be construed as negative also.

I came across an interesting phrase -- Every day is different -- One day you could be a pigeon, another day you could be a statue.  Crap happens. Either you give it, or you receive it.

But I never heard anyone say anything about how to respond  when you discover which one you are at the current moment...

Any thoughts?
Are you having a bad day?
Are you looking to change your ways?
What will you do differently?

Low Impact Challenge is going well. I have not bought any toiletries (other than toilet paper - we really were out, lol) since my post and I am SO proud of myself!  Next I have started gathering clothes that I dont really wear and figuring out whether I should store them away for a spring garage sale or give them away now.  Suggestions are welcome.

Feeling the love, 
Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment