Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 0 - Revelation Fast: Prepare to be Fed

This is Day 0 of my Revelation Fast.



 I am calling it a Revelation Fast because I am seeking many things and I also have many things to shed and purge, both emotionally and physically.  Today is Day 0 - I am using it get myself ready to fast and be fed in ways other than with food.

I will be eating on this fast, however --  fruit and veggie juices, green smoothies, and the occasional addition of coconut meat to stay on an even keel.  In the spirit of several bloggers who have fasted recently (Jayna and Raw Mocha Angel), I have some major goals for this fast, but I will iterate them after Day 3 -- its the first 3 days that are the biggest hump to get over.

Meanwhile, I hope to post daily (yes, I know you've heard that before) but indeed this is part of my revelation fast -- to post daily, even if short excerpts about how I am doing with things.

So I am planning to do an orange fast for the next 48hrs, then add in green smoothies on Day 3. I am getting myself ready to go beyond 10 days for this fast, so I have several preparations I need to make, particularly in terms of planning my day/routine.

a) going to bed early is going to be even more important.
b) once I wake up in the morning, I need to be proactive and alert.
c) planning meals and being conscious of my actions, especially in auto-pilot situations (driving, for example) will be worked on.
d) keep some classical music onhand for meditation.


I always enjoy these fasts, because I end up really accomplishing quite a bit over the time that I spend in them. my focus is so much more intense.

Well, stay tuned for Day 1 -- oranges and a longer mamacita day for me and my son :)

Today's meditation is from Althea of the RawMocha Angel -- (go preorder her upcoming book)!
'Love yourself and embrace your healing'

Blessings and Joy,
Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment