Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Touch-it Tuesday: Knitcircus Magazine


As I developed the first blog post, I became very excited about the other posts I could create. Its amazing once you get started on something you were very fearful and nervous about, how much more God imparts to you in order to continue moving forward. It is such a grounding and peaceful feeling. Needless to say after the first post, I slept so much better!

So Tuesdays I plan to focus on various crafts. I consider anything creatively done with my hands to be a craft -- Hairstyling included :) So if you plan to follow me from fotkiland, the hair updates, DIY recipes, etc. will be on Tuesdays.

This Tuesday I am especially honored because my little "joy muffin" Kem and I did some modeling for Knitcircus magazine - its a great magazine with knitting patterns, articles, and even additional crafting (sewing patterns and cooking recipes). I was looking on ravelry a few months ago while updating my profile (SO many unfinished projects, so little time!) and they were looking for models -- i thought, "well, why not?" I met the editor and photographers, and they took pics of us modeling various pieces in a beautiful park in downtown Madison. I had so much fun, and so did Kem!

The issue was just released last week, and my little sweetie made the cover! If you are a crafter and would like to check out the magazine, it is available for download. If you click the photo it will take you to the website. If you would like to purchase patterns, you can do that too!

Kem is modeling ZOOM! a toddler pullover: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/54aa68e3#/54aa68e3/86

I am modeling several pieces -
In the Clover socks: I have been meaning to finish some socks, and I think these are beautiful to make after completing a simple sock pattern! http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/54aa68e3#/54aa68e3/40
Autumn Leaves Cowl and Hat: This will be a late fall knit for sure! It was so comfy! http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/54aa68e3#/54aa68e3/42
De-Lovely Wrist warmers: I am not a big fan of fingerless gloves, but these were tres' chic! http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/54aa68e3#/54aa68e3/46


I hope the magazine continues grow in viewers - they are doing a great job! Thanks Jaala for such a wonderful opportunity!

Blessings!
Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment